Due to retirement and aspirations for further growth, we are looking for two experienced social scientists.
Ruralis – The Institute for Rural and Regional Research is an independent research foundation with headquarters in Trondheim, as well as offices in Oslo. The institute has 36 employees and an annual turnover of NOK 45 million. Ruralis works with quantitative and qualitative social science research, consultancy and development work for national and international clients. Ruralis is co-located and works closely with NTNU.
Ruralis research has four focus areas:
- Environment and resource management
- Business development
- Municipal and regional development
- Local communities and culture
About The Positions
- Due to retirement and aspirations for further growth, we are looking for two experienced social scientists.
- The workplace for one of the positions will be in Trondheim, while one position can be either in Trondheim or Oslo.
- The main tasks will be to conduct and disseminate research of high scientific quality and to carry out acquisition work towards national and international sources of funding.
- PhD from one of the social sciences, possibly from other relevant disciplines
- Experience from research in at least one of Ruralis’ research areas, possibly related research areas that can expand Ruralis’ areas of expertise and project portfolio
- Experience from research funding acquisition work
- Good track record of scientific publishing
- Interdisciplinary consultancy research
- International research cooperation
- Major research project leadership
- Ability to see relevant research topics in social development
- Has innovative ideas
- High quality research dissemination ability, including user involvement
- Great work ethic and ability to follow through on initiatives
- Great collaboration skills
- Speaks/writes English well
- Salary by qualifications/experience
- Ruralis has a corporate cabin for its employees in Oppdal
- Favorable pension and insurance programs
- Mobilephone agreement
- Research manager Frode Flemsæter, +47 905 77 029, email@example.com
- Research manager Magnar Forbord, +47 934 49 761, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director Svein Frisvoll, +47 402 12 862, email@example.com
Apply for this job
Application deadline: November 10, 2019