Welcome to Trondheim, Norway and the 2020 Nordic Meeting. Call for abstracts to Nordic Meeting on Agricultural Occupational Health and Safety 2020
The Scientific Committee is pleased to invite you to submit abstracts for consideration at the Nordic Meeting on Agricultural Occupational Health and Safety 2020. Call for abstracts for Podium or Poster to this meeting is open. The deadline for abstract submission is June 1 2020.
The agricultural occupation is a dangerous and vulnerable profession and farmers and agricultural workers are at high risk of injury and occupational diseases. Farming is usually a lonely business, and the farmer has little control over his surroundings, which are largely influenced by technological and structural changes, market forces and agricultural policy. At the same time, farmers do one of the most important jobs in the world when they produce the food we eat every day. Research, education and prevention can help to improve the farmer’s daily life, increase safety and reduce the incidence of occupational diseases and injuries.
We invite you to submit an abstract in the following topics:
- Social regulations and rights
- Advisory services
- HSE regulations and authorities
- Impact of structural and technological changes and policies
- Social factors as health determinants
MENTAL HEALTH AND WELLBEING
- Clinical features
- Health promotion
- Rehabilitation and working ability
FARM WORKERS AND MIGRANT WORKERS
- Organization and demography
- Social factors and rights
- Training in HSE, competence and language
- Dust exposure
- Chemical exposures
- Microbiological exposures
- Ergonomic challenges
- Psychosocial factors
- Respiratory health
- Skin diseases
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Prevention and health promotion
- Rehabilitation and working ability
The submission should include:
- Name(s), affiliation and email adresse
- Key words (maximum five)
- Indicate poster or podium presentation
- Abstracts should be between 200 and 400 words, and 1.5 spaced lines
- Use 12 Times New Roman font
- Abstracts must be submitted and presented in English
List of Scientific Committee members:
- Prof Kristin V Hirsch Svendsen (convener)- Department of Industrial Economics and Technology Management, NTNU
- Prof Bjørn Hilt– Department of Occupational Medicine at St.Olavs Hospital, Trondheim University Hospital
- Senior researcher Reidar Almås, Dr.philos (Sociology)- Ruralis-Institute for Rural and Regional Research
- Prof Peter Lundqvist– Department of work science, business economics and environmental psychology, Swedish University of Agricultral Sciences
Submit the abstract to: email@example.com the abstract
We are delighted to welcome you to the 2020 Nordic Meeting on Agricultural Occupational Health and Safety which is held at Skjetlein Grønt Kompetansesenter, Trondheim.
Theme: Working capacity, advisory service, health and safety in agriculture
Nordic Meeting on Agricultural Occupational Health and Safety
This Nordic meeting is organized every second year in one of the Nordic countries and this year hosted by a number of partners in a collaborative relationship, both within the scientific community and agricultural actors who are subscribers of research.
Scientific Partners: National Centre of Expertise for Occupational Health in Agriculture and the Department of Occupational Medicine at St. Olavs Hospital, Trondheim University Hospital, The Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Ruralis- Institute of rural and regional research, Department of Industrial Economics and Technology Management, NTNU, and Department of Sociology and Political Science, NTNU.
Partners: Norwegian Farmers Union, Norwegian Agricultural Extension Services, Trøndelag County Council and County Governor of Trøndelag.
Save the date!
Wishing you great days in Trondheim. The late autumn is dark, dramatic and spectacular!
Chair of the 2020 Nordic Meeting
Researcher at Ruralis and leader of the National Centre of Expertise for Occupational Health in Agriculture, at the Department of Occupational Medicine.
firstname.lastname@example.org | phone 0047 99 58 23 86