Anne Margrethe (Maggi) Brigham
Senior Researcher - Dr. polit.
Address: Trondheim, Norway
Anne Margrethe (Maggi) Brigham, holds a PhD in political science from the Norwegian University of Sceince and Technology (NTNU). Her PhD thesis is a cross-disciplinary study within Political Science and Economics of the relationship between agrarian structure, agricultural development, and food insecurity in Low-Income Countries. She also has a Bachelor’s Degree in Business and administration.
Brigham has research experience from academia, commissioned research, and the NGO-sector. Her research focusses on:
- The relationship between agrarian structure and food and nutrition security,
- Nutrition-based food value chains in Low-Income Countries;
- The effect of food exports on food and nutrition security in Low-Income Countries;
- Health systems research in Norway and internationally (China),
- Mental health and suicide among farmers in Norway and India, and
Brigham has experience in leading international and cross-disciplinary teams from her time as a Norwegian diplomat in Bangladesh, and from facilitating the masters course “Experts in Team” at The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU).